May 25, 2020 - Report on Food Relief for Uganda
‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?’ - Matthew 25
Voices from Recipients of Food
- One of the old women had been sleeping hungry. But she was reading the Bible every day asking Him to provide. She said, "God answered my prayers by giving me food today". She thanked God and the team that brought the flour to the church.
- Mama Agutu, Mama Agelina and Mama Nafula, aged 75, 73, and 82, wear improvised face masks receiving food. Site of Bible distribution in February 2020.
- Some at Bugobi Baptist Church said they appreciated the support of food as they had no food. "We could only take water to our children and pray for what would happen the next day".
Many Fed - 33,000 pounds of flour
We thank God for the food support provided by our ministry partners. We procured and distributed 33,000 pounds of corn flour for our church partners.
The churches receiving the support were grateful that someone in America thought of them! Most have lost hope that the government can help to provide for them,.
Your provision of food support enabled church pastors to prioritize the:
- child-headed households,
- single mothers,
- most poor of their flock and community.
Yet, Conditions Worsen
The lockdown has been extended for another three weeks. We receive calls daily for support for pastors and their flock to put food on their table.
Every pastor and most of their flocks are entrepreneurial. As their capital has been drawn down to pay for food, they are overwhelmed. More and more are living hand to mouth hoping to survive until the lockdown ends and they are able to work again.
- Christ Compassion Church in Bukana flooded by Lake Victoria displacing 8,000 people without food and shelter. Site of Bible distribution in February 2020.
With COVID-19 lockdown, villages are turning to these rural pastors for prayer and to meet their physical needs. Now more than ever these pastors need to feed their flock as shepherds. As well as feed their own family.
YOU CAN HELP OUR UGANDAN PARTNERS IN THE GOSPEL IN TWO WAYS
- pray for them now. They believe prayer goes to our God who hears and acts.
- make a gift to Africa Bible Project Meals Appeal by donating to the Disciple Makers Network via credit card or check designating the gift as "Africa Meals". $1 feeds one person two meals each day. $10 feeds a family of 10 two meals for one day. $210 feeds a family of 10 for the next three weeks. The funds will go to selected pastors involved in Bible distribution based on the need.
Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.
Hi, I'm Mike. We at the Africa Bible Project believe that Bibles are a necessary tool in the Life of every African Christian.
This section will not be visible in live published website. Below are your current settings:
Current Number Of Columns are = 1
Expand Posts Area =
Gap/Space Between Posts = 20px
Blog Post Style = card
Use of custom card colors instead of default colors =
Blog Post Card Background Color = current color
Blog Post Card Shadow Color = current color
Blog Post Card Border Color = current color
Publish the website and visit your blog page to see the results